Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Prescription medicines for sale for food

One of my patient made a shocking confession today early this morning. This elderly lady told me that she bought Proventil inhaler for 15 dollars. She mentioned to me that her copay if she would have bought directly pharmacy would have been$25 and so this way she saved $10.00.This is the first time she has done it and she plans to do it more often.I asked her how do you know that it has not been used and many have in smaller number of inhalers left over and for that she responded that package was not even open. She further mentioned that people ( patients) sale all of their medicines for some cash so that they can buy their food for survival. I have asked to help me meet with some of these folks so that I can look into this plight and anonymously report to the media. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List